At present our by-law permits the operation of an off road vehicle within the Village under certain stipulations;
- they are restricted to lanes and alleyways.
- their speed can not exceed 20 km/h
- they must take the shortest and most direct route out of the Village.
- they must be operated as quietly as possible into and out of the Village.
- applicable registration and insurance will be carried by the operator
That would mean that all off-roaders would have to shut off their vehicle and push them in and out of the Village or trailer them in and out of the Village! It would be a shame to spoil it for most off-roaders because of the actions of a few.
What Can You Do?
If you see someone operating an off-road vehicle (quad, snowmobile, or dirt bike) without heeding our by-laws, please report them to our RCMP detachment at (403) 947-3496. If you know someone who operates an off-road vehicle in the Village, ask them to review our very generous by-law regarding their use within the Village.