Monday, September 23, 2013

Beiseker's Election!

It's not official yet, but it looks like Beiseker will be having a municipal election this fall!

Today was Nomination Day and by my count more than five candidates submitted their nomination papers.  The list will not be official for twenty four hours.  During that time any candidate may remove his or her nomination.  I submitted my papers, which means I am one of the candidates for this election!

Sadly missing from the roster is Fred Walters, who decided some time ago not to seek re-election.  Fred's work on village council, especially in regards to recycling, the railway museum, and solid waste management was greatly appreciated.  Fred's boots will be hard to fill when the new council has its reorganizational meeting, at the end of October!

The election issues have yet to be disclosed by all the candidates, but mine are quite straight forward;
  1. Keeping Beiseker's industries and businesses vibrant and growing.
  2. The water problems;  getting storm water out of town and clean drinking water into town, both as economically and efficiently as possible.
  3. Keeping Beiseker's health, education, safety and social services attractive, effective -- and growing.
  4. Street and sidewalk upgrading: need I say more?
  5. Encouraging Beiseker's population to continue a slow but steady and well managed growth.
There are my FIVE.  I'll address each one on my blog in days to come.  I'm sure that some of my fellow candidates will have others, and I eagerly await their presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment