This whole thing surrounding the trial about Mike Duffy's Senate expenses appears to be taking up a huge amount of attention by the media, at the expense of everything else.
So let's focus on the real issues;
- Canada's public infrastructure is crumbling. How will our new federal government address this?
- The terror and upheaval in the Near East created by the Taliban, the Islamic State, and a few other extremist groups needs to be brought to an end! Will Canada be taking a meaningful part in that process?
- Canada's economy continues to sputter along. How will the new government address Canada's teetering on the edge of recession?
- In most provinces in Canada, including ours, the health services program is totally screwed up. How will our new government take steps to remedy this health care shortfall?
- Many of Canada's aboriginal people are in crisis. What will our new government do about it? What past federal governments have done is obviously not working at all!
- The pipeline/oil exploration/oil sands debate continues. The world needs Canada's oil! Right now, oil prices are way down but supply-demand calculations show that can't last for ever. How will our new government make sure Canada can move it's petroleum products quickly, safely and environmentally friendly to markets?