Monday, December 28, 2015

Mayor's Christmas Message

While I was attending the International Council of Air Shows convention in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, the Rocky View Weekly emailed me asking for a copy of my Mayor's Christmas Message.

Somehow, I didn't get the memo!  I had prepared a message before I left.  Here it is;

"As this 2015 holiday season draws near, our thoughts usually turn to family and friends.  This year those thoughts are being distracted by the events in the Middle East, where all semblance of human compassion and peace appears to have vanished.  I'm afraid the Syrian refugee crisis and the recent events in Paris will overshadow much of the celebration this Christmas.

I think we need to remember the message preached by the man whose birthday we celebrate every December 25, now more than ever!

On behalf of myself and my fellow Councilors I wish all of you a very safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment