It was also quiet in the village as far as vandalism is concerned. I have yet to hear of any severe acts of vandalism around Beiseker.
- Work on the Bassano Station appears to have ground to a halt again. I'm not sure what's happening there. Stay tuned.
- Garbage woes have pretty much dissappeared. I forgot to mention last week that hazardous waste is still not to go in those green garbage bags heading for Drumheller, but you knew that already.
- Remembrance Day is coming November 11. If you attending the ceremonies in Acme, get there early. Seating is always at a premium.
- I've heard that Beiseker Councillor Fred Walters will be presented with the Queen Elizabeth 60th Anniversary medal for his work in our community. More on this later.
- Christmas is coming and Beiseker's Food Bank will be needing supplies.