- After each snowfall, our Public Works Department gets to work with three main pieces of equipment; the large plow-sanding truck, the skid-steer, and the tractor. We do not own a grader. In our opinion, a grader is a very expensive piece of machinery to own and maintain.
- Main Street (including the central business district) and the main arteries are plowed first. The business sidewalks are also cleared.
- As in most municipalities, residential streets are not usually cleared unless they are impassable.
- Lanes are checked over on the Thursday to make sure the garbage truck and recycling van can get around.
- Public parking lots are cleared.
- The airport runway is always the last to be cleared.
- Residents are given 72 hours to clear the snow from the public sidewalk in front of their homes.
- The village maintains a snow removal budget which is not huge. Moving snow is expensive!
If you think this needs to be changed, please contact a council member so that they can take your concerns to the rest of council.
(And let's pray for a lot of chinooks!)