- The Snow Angels who voluntarily shovel snow from the walks of seniors and shut-ins.
- The Beiseker Fire Department who volunteer to do their annual Candy Cane Run each Christmas Eve.
- The Emergency Response Team and the Beiseker Fire Department, who have had to open up our Community Centre to stranded motorists at least twice in the past month!
- The volunteer drivers who drive our seniors to medical appointments in Airdrie or Calgary.
- The anonymous good Samaritans who have helped several motorists who were stuck in the snow storm, a couple of weeks ago.
- The Beiseker Volunteer Medical First Response Team who have saved so many already in their short existence!
- Those who volunteer to help seniors fill in their income tax forms each year.
- The volunteer coaches and managers who give up so much of their time to supporting our young people in team sports.
- Those who support our Food Bank here in Beiseker.
- Those who volunteer to help in village clean-up and recycling projects.
- Those who volunteer to make community events such as our Country Fair a huge success.
- Those who volunteer to mow the acres of grass out at the airport.
Sunday, January 5, 2014
Christmas Passes For Another Year
Twelfth Night, signalling the end of the Christmas Season fast approaches, I look back on some of the many acts of kindness which really define our village. Here are just a few;