Saturday, March 8, 2014

No More Calgary Herald

I was saddened to get a letter from the Calgary Herald advising me that home delivery will end in Beiseker next month.  I've enjoyed reading that newspaper every morning (and before that; every afternoon) for more that fifty years.  I will miss it.

Yes, I've used the electronic version when I travel, but it's not the same.  I'm a 'techno-klutz,' so reading the paper on a computer monitor isn't comfortable for me! I guess I'm a critter of the past; a dinosaur.  I enjoy folding over the paper so it's easier to read, doing the Word Search and clipping the occasional article or comic strip.

Ah well, I guess that's progress.  Newspapers are going broke all over the world so it stands to reason that the Herald has to go with the flow.   Still it makes me sad that I won't have my paper to read each morning.

And think of the trees they're saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment