One again the Beiseker Lions Club needs to step up and take a bow. They are a relatively small club but they are able to accomplish giant things! They had help from other clubs in the area, but the success of the Beiseker Country Fair 2015 is clearly theirs! Lions, be proud!
|Beiseker Car Show, photo via Facebook|
Shelly Schneider and Harry Reding, co-chairpersons of the Beiseker School Centennial Reunion Committee with all of their volunteers, accomplished the impossible! Beiseker's population more than doubled as hundreds of former Beiseker Community School students, parents, and staff flooded into town. The huge tent set up in the Community Centre & Arena parking lot was a Godsend! It became a focal point for the thousands of mini reunions which took place over the weekend.
|photo courtesy Elvis Chow, via Facebook|
- Oh my God, it is you!
- I haven't seen you since we graduated!
- You didn't have grey hair last time I saw you.
- What ever happened to ..........?
- I've got to tell my (wife, mom, sister, brother, etc.) that I saw you!
- No, that wasn't me, that was my younger brother (or sister)!
- I was a real rotten kid school, wasn't I?
- Jeez, we were young back then!
- When did they change the school colors?
- You know, Mr. or Mrs. (fill in a teacher's name here) really hated me!
After clean-up, all those hard working volunteers are going to collapse into a soft chair (if only for a few minutes) and be proud of the work they did to make this weekend such a memorable one! Well done, all of you!
I'll be mentioning more about the events and encounters of this past weekend in the coming days. Stay tuned!