Thursday, June 4, 2015

Gladys Taylor Passes

I was saddened to read that Gladys Taylor passed away on May 31st.

Gladys and her family created and operated Tall Taylor Publishing in Irricana for many years.  She was a successful author, publisher, editor and businesswoman.  In the mid-1980s Gladys gave me the chance to first publish my views and opinions in the original "Write, Ray" in the Five Village Weekly (now the Rocky View Weekly).

My column ran in that weekly paper for over a decade.  We didn't always agree, because we knew we were both right all the time, but she was fair and was always willing to listen.  I respected her for that.  Gladys was a major player in the Canadian publishing industry.

With her passing comes the end of a publishing era dominated by mavericks and risk takers.  My condolences go to her many friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment