I am most distressed about the weekend terrorist attacks in Paris! Cowards attempted to kill thousands of innocent Parisians along with many tourists out for a pleasant Friday evening in the "City of Lights". We now find out they were only partially successful!
Security personnel stopped one terrorist as he tried to enter a soccer stadium with over 50,000 spectators present! When discovered, the coward blew himself up at the entrance.
Others escaped through the back door of a theatre under siege, saving their lives. Over 100 others in the theatre were not so fortunate!
This kind of terrorism is abhorrent! The world must unite to stop it! Here's what I think we as Canadians need to do;
- Convince Prime Minister Trudeau to slow down his plan to bring in 25,000 Syrian refugees into Canada over the next six weeks. Reports are saying that one of the terrorists in Paris arrived in France disguised as a Syrian refugee. Canada should send temporary relief to the refugee camps now, then bring in the refugees only after they have been thoroughly checked out by our security systems here.
- Convince Prime Minister Trudeau to leave our small RCAF contingent in Iraq to continue their fight with ISIS who have now claimed responsibility for the terrorism in Paris. I think pulling them out now would be seen as a sign of cowardice.
- Support groups trying to help refugees settle here in Canada. After all, most of us are descendants of others looking for a better and peaceful life here in Canada. Now it's time to pass it on!
- Show our support for the people of France through this horrible time in their history in any way we can.
- We must realise that these cowards who declared war on France Friday represent only a very, very small percentage of Muslims and/or Syrians. We must always keep that in mind!