Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Fort McMurray Update

I am pleased to announce that the Beiseker Fire Department has sent a small contingent of firefighters and one piece of firefighting apparatus up to Fort McMurray to help out.  God Speed!

We as individuals can help by donating to the Canadian Red Cross, who I believe are already on the ground up there!  The Alberta Government has announced they will match donations made, as well as provide the Red Cross $2 million to kick-start their relief operations for Fort McMurray residents.

I was less than pleased with our Prime Minister this morning, who was pretty general and non-specific about the assistance the federal government is going to provide.  I'm hoping that he'll become more specific in the next few days as more details become available.

I haven't heard if the city of Fort McMurray has requested support from our armed forces yet.  Those folks are trained to handle disasters such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment