Saturday, July 2, 2016

Great 149th Canada Day!

I hope you all had a great Canada Day!  The weather sort of cooperated to give most of us the chance to get out and celebrate Canada's 149th Birthday. 

I often wonder if Sir John A. MacDonald, Canada's first Prime Minister, would recognize the nation he helped create 149 years ago.  It was much smaller then with only four provinces, but it grew into one of the proudest nations in the world! 

Thanks again to the "Flag Folks" who put a tiny Canadian flag at each home throughout the village so it will be there in the morning to announce cheerfully Canada Day!  Otherwise, Canada Day was very quiet in the Village.  Other communities around us had parades, parties and fireworks, so this Canada Day did not slip by unnoticed! I hope you were able to take in some of the festivities.

I hope you had a great Canada Day 2016.  I did!  Now we get to plan out our big celebration for next year as Canada turns 150 years old.  I think Sir John A. would be proud of Canada today.  I know I am! Happy Canada Day!

Ray's Note: Did you know that Canada Day was known throughout most of Canada's history as "Dominion Day," to celebrate the creation of the Dominion of Canada?

No comments:

Post a Comment