Here are a few points I noted:
- The Bassano Station is still a big part of any discussion around town. We had to remind everyone that the Village government has very little control or power over that stalled project. Still we continue to work to see if we can't get this eyesore cleaned up!
- The mud bog at the corner of Second Avenue and Seventh Street is the result of an experiment gone wrong. Public Works will be addressing the problem over the next few days. Getting water to move from that corner has proven to be a major challenge. Everyone has a different opinion as to what should be done there. We'll keep working on it until we have a solution.
- Water flow and flooding was not such a big issue as I had expected this spring, however a few homes were severely affected. Suggestions were made and remediation of these few spots will take place this summer. The problem of the Village having to deal with runoff water from a huge portion of the County north of Beiseker was mentioned several times.
- It was brought to the attention of council that there is a sign in the Beiseker Campground noting "NO PITBULLS ALLOWED" even though we have no such bylaw to support that ban. This sign will be removed.
- Concerns were raised over ambulance services into Beiseker. These concerns will be investigated by village office staff.