Friday, June 20, 2014

A Fantastic Country Fair!

The weather turned out perfect for Beiseker's 96th edition of its Lions Club Country Fair!  The fun started with a fantastic morning breakfast at the community centre and continued all day. 

I thought the parade was a little sparse of decorations but those who participated were definitely enthusiastic! 

I was disappointed that I didn't see Rocky View Fire Services in the parade, but our Beiseker Fire Department was joined by the folks of the Kneehill Fire Department from Acme, in their firetruck.  I met a few of them at breakfast and welcomed them to Beiseker.

The Color Me Beiseker Run was FANTASTIC, especially for the young people there.  Our MLA (and former Beiseker Mayor) the Honourable Bruce Rowe and his wife Carol actually ran in the colour run!  Everyone was having fun.  It was great to see.

I didn't see much of the 4H Show & Sale but I understand it was a huge success.  Some of the other scheduled events didn't have as large a turn-out as I expected, but those who were there had a great day!  Chris Heighton's tenth annual Show & Shine on Main Street was awesome!  I think the early morning clouds and rain kept some car guys at home with their mechanical babies, but they missed a wonderful day.

Overall I thought this year's Beiseker Lions Country Fair was one of the best ever!  Thank you to everyone who made that day possible. You rock!

(Here's a request from me;  If anyone got a photo of myself and my little dog Duggie in the parade, I'd love to put it here and on my facebook page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment