Sunday, January 8, 2017

Tired of Climate Leadership Plan Ads

I'm totally sick and tired of those Government of Alberta adds on TV touting the wonderfulness and the benefits of our new carbon levy and the Climate Leadership Plan.  I don't know if they're trying to convince us or them!  I also find them somewhat insulting!

I've worked hard and paid taxes since I was about seventeen.  I figure that I've earned a few comforts in my life.

Instead, I'm being asked to drive less, turn my thermostat down, shower in cooler water, buy expensive local groceries, pay more for less recreational facilities, and pay more for doing all those things!  Yes the world has to lower its carbon footprint, but are we going about it the right way?

I'll just be glad when the Alberta Government runs out of our money, and can't afford these commercials any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment